Tuesday, February 2, 2010

For Your Viewing Pleasure

So I haven't uploaded any pictures in a while.  Sorry.  I don't really have any especially 'good' ones, the sightseeing day in Boston I didn't have my camera (meaning I'll have to get those from my roommate when she's back from visiting her family), [excuse], I'm not in any of them anyway, [excuse], [excuse].  Ok, now that that's  out of the way.
This is from when I was going to take a picture of the cool light show in Grand Central to put on here, but then the light show turned out to be less than entertaining.  Part of it is that the ceiling already has a lot going on (that gold stuff is constellations).  Part of it is that light shows have only so much potential for mass entertainment.  Anyway, here's a picture of the ceiling in the main foyer of Grand Central.  If you haven't been there, you've surely seen it in a movie whether you know it or not.  It's quite a large room and looking up to see the ceiling will instantly get you labeled a 'tourist', but, like I said, it's got constellations on it.  Inside!  It's the muggle version of the Hogwart's Great Hall!
 
Brittany and I went to a free event sponsored by Target at Lincoln Center.  As a side note, I'm pretty sure Target sponsors a free event somewhere in the city for every day of the week.  This is Wednesday, I believe.  Anyway, jazz marching band type deal?  This was a pretty interesting 2-3 hours, between the random guy we met waiting in line (who should be a band or social studies teacher) and the event itself.  And that little bit of greenery on the upper right side of the picture?  That's a climbing wall covered up with live plants.

 
No matter how many times I fail, I still can't resist trying to take a picture of a sunset and trying to take a picture out of a moving vehicle.  Here those temptations collide.  This is possibly the Bronx as the sun set on the way to Boston.
 
Really bad picture, but just for an idea, this was the view out of the retreat center window from last weekend.  It was a really lovely area but really cold (as opposed to the fake 30 degree cold that I've become accustomed to), so I had to pass on the outdoor walk, if for no other reason than I didn't want to pack for it.
That's all for now.  Hope you're all doing quite well, and as usual you can always comment/email/call/write/smoke signal for more background/random stories.

2 comments:

  1. i choose smoke signal. can you see it from there?

    and, as i have given up facebook (because i have to edit a book-- a really good story you should ask me about sometime), i now choose checking blogspot much more often as my form of distraction (which is still okay, because it only takes like five minutes, vs. facebook's however long)!

    anyway, loved the hogwarts reference, and i love that this whole entry was pictures that were kind of failures, haha. way to be.

    also, today i saw some pictures of snow and my body was physically cold. it was a really strange response. or, you know, maybe the air con was too high.

    love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. About your fake winter - I was watching the Today show yesterday when I was on the treadmill and they were saying how cold it was in New York - 29/30 degrees. And they they went to local weather "and here is what it is in your area" and Des Moines said - "We are have a warm day today - it is 30 degrees". Oh well-you may get some real winter this weekend. I don't know if the east coast storm it going to hit New York or not. It is just a lot of snow and now so much cold weather. We had more snow today and more forecast for Monday. School has to make up 10 days at this point. At least one week in June so far. Grandma

    ReplyDelete