So I've been a bit absent lately. Between being out of town the first couple weekends (Washington, DC for the 4th, Baltimore the weekend after that), and all the goings on of the summer besides that, I guess I just haven't had too much time to update about what I've been doing.
A couple of summers ago, while relaxing with some friends on the 4th of July, I remember having a discussion about how summer is like the weekend, where June is Friday, July is Saturday, and August is Sunday. I definitely feel like this has been true this year, where all of the excitement of things to do have been coming up during my July/Saturday, but also my temptation to sleep in and enjoy the afternoon sun through the window (I think I've resisted this day-wasting temptation pretty well). In college, I hardly ever had to go into my job on Saturday as we were basically closed, and no matter how important the project, Saturday remained sacredly off-limits for meetings with very few exceptions. Somehow, this year my July/Saturday has been the same, with most of my projects in a temporary slow-cycle.
But August/Sunday looms, with its obligations and preparations. Sunday is a time for observation and reflection (retreat/church) and to pull your weekend self back together to be ready for work on Monday. As my Saturday wanes, I'm getting ready for the Sunday coming in the morning. But its been an awesome Saturday. More details to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment