Hey to anyone who still checks this! Since I'll still be living out of state for the next year or so, I'll keep updating here (but only as a supplement! Call, email, write, whatever works for you and you'll make my day and I promise I'll get back to you)
Anyway, so I've been living in Madison since early October training for US PIRG, waiting to hear what my placement will be. And I still don't really know! I'll be working for a new program, Energy Service Corp, but I still don't know for sure where I'll be. I do know that I'll be based on a college campus, organizing students around energy conservation in Wisconsin. I'll be crazy busy, with a schedule like a college student, but I'm excited about it. I love having a different schedule every day, working here and there on my own schedule. I've been staying with campus organizers here in Madison, so I've gotten to see them and even help out a bit here and there, and even before I got the placement I was kind of thinking it seemed pretty cool. One difference is that I'll be splitting my time between a couple different campuses, and since it's a new program I'm not sure if I'll be starting a student PIRG chapter or doing something else, but I'm looking forward to finding out. Since I packed for a different job, I'm a little overstocked on dress pants and understocked on jeans, but I'll make it work (and I'm sure I'll still have to dress up from time to time). I guess this isn't really much of an actual update as I don't have many specifics. But those will come later.
I'll keep you posted!
Meghan
No comments:
Post a Comment