Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Few More Pictures


On 9/11, we went to a Japanese interfaith lantern lighting ceremony. Music, prayers from a variety of (mostly Eastern plus a Lutheran) faith leaders, a representative of the city singing part of his speech, and free food. Success.

And then we sent them off into the Hudson. To be retrieved by kayakers to avoid littering.


Handing out the invisible dogs in Brooklyn.

It was difficult to keep a straight face while petting air.

Afterwards we went to Dumbo (Down Under Manhattan Bridge), a neighborhood in Brooklyn that utilizes New York's love of acronyms. We meant to go to an art festival...

but mostly just hung out at the park between Manhattan (pictured) and Brooklyn bridges.


Aha! I was there.

Katie and me on Waverly Place in front of Waverly Restaurant (which has orange paper placemats with castles on them) for hour best effort at homecoming. I'm wearing orange under e there somewhere.


Brittany and me on the carousel (or cariswheel as we've taken to calling them thanks to a slip of the tongue) in Bryant Park. In retrospect, this actually goes with the other Bryant Park pictures in the other post, but I don't feel like going back and changing it.

That's all for now. Next time, I'll have stories and pictures, together. I hope.

--Meghan
Some people wish for peace for our children and their children. This is not enough. We must insist on peace for ourselves.
-King Abdullah of Jordan

1 comment: